My first nomination of the Liebster Award! This on its own is inspiring and it motivates me to write and write more as I saw the meaning of my blog to people. I would be foolish to not thank my friend for nominating my blog. Just as she recognised my blog, I had recognised her blog a while back because she is such an incredible writer, she pins down her thoughts, I’m sure you can learn a lot by visiting her blog. Please click here to visit my friend’s blog as it is inspirational in more ways than one.
11 Questions addressed to me
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher. My dad was a teacher and that was the only career I knew apart from nursing. My father would always give me his learners’ classwork to mark and I found that to be a good part of a teacher until one day I got so tired of marking.
2. Is there one person (dead or alive) that you would like to meet? Why?
Yes, Wendy Williams Turner. She owns “The Wendy Williams Show”. I adore her and her job. I feel I can learn a thing or 2 from her knowing that she has vast experience in Media and Communications.
3. Who do you look up to? Why?
Robyn Nakaambo. She is a lovely Namibian lady, a Public Relations Practitioner and a television presenter. I also like her fashion sense. These aspects are what I would like to see in myself in the near future.
4. Do you feel that your work (blog/writing) reflects what you intended?
Yes. Writing, and more writing. I started my blog to express what I fail to communicate to people, what I feel, the lessons I have learned in life. So far I feel I’m on track.
5. What’s a hidden talent?
Dancing, rapping, singing. I do that home, with my home people or shower as my audience. I would tell people and they always think I’m kidding.
6. Do you like olives?
Nope. Keep calm and hate olives.
7. If you won a significant amount of money, what are five things you would do?
- Invest on a TV show
- Own a publishing company
- Travel the world
- Purchase a house for my siblings and I
- Upgrade my wardrobe
8. Spicy? Salty? Sweet? Sour?
Spicy. I hardly cook any meal without spice, because its seasoning to a meal, it SPICE up the meal! J I do limit it though as it can lead to serious health issues.
9. Book or Movie?
Actually, both. A movie is quiet an easy part, but not as interesting as reading a book and have your mind visualising it as a movie.
10. If you could learn any specific talent, what would you learn?
How to play a guitar? I always wanted a guitar as a youngster, but never got a chance to purchase any. I feel I could jot down what’s on my mind with the help of a guitar.
11. Who was the last person you hugged?
My sister Albertina. I just travelled from the city down to my home town. She’s pleased to have me.
11 Random Facts About me
1. I dance, I move, I twerk…But only when I’m home. This is my best tactic for exercise when I don’t feel like squatting.
2. I have always been big for my age. Not only my body shows but my mind as well. I’m seen to be more matured than my actual age. My parents owe me an explanation!
3. I have never been overseas. This has always been a dream; I do wish to travel more when I get a substantial job.
4. I want to be a news anchor, TV personality or a columnist somewhere in the near future. I imagine my life like that one day. Would that be hard? Lights, Cameras, Action!
5. I’m allergic to foam baths. The scents or whatever they produce them with makes me itchy everywhere. I liked them so much I had to give them up for the sake of my body.
6. A day CANNOT go by without listening to music. Music is food to my soul; music is BAE
7. I don’t know how to swim. This will change next year I promise
8. I’m mostly comfortable in my pyjamas than anything else. If I don’t have outgoing plans you will find me in my pj’s. Who would disagree that pyjamas aren’t comfy?
9. I’m turning 22 on August 29. Save the date and don’t forget my present 🙂
10. I drop to tears when I watch movies, most of the times. Tears of joy or pain. In the back of my mind I put myself in the actors’ situation. I’m that emotional
11. I believe in old-time relationships (courting). I think the relationship process of our grandparents was way much better than this “new” perceived love. I hope there’s someone out there who think the same as me.
My 11 Questions for the nominees
- How did you first get into blogging?
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s been your greatest struggle?
- What is keeping you busy at the moment?
- What is your biggest life lesson?
- Who has impacted you most in blogging?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What’s the next big thing you would like to do?
- What other hobbies do you have apart from blogging?
- What gives you joy?
- Less or more?
The following are the blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- The Tangerine Dreams
- Mark Rickerby
- Rekha Sahay
- Dark Side of the Moon
- Gift of Light Site
- Simply Stylishly Modesty
- Willow Writes Web
- The Daily Poem Project
- Avenue23 Blog
I hope my nominees adhere to the rules and keep the fun going!